As soon as the sun starts to shine its full brightness during the hot summer months, I don’t immediately hit the nearest beach yet but I do load my summer playlist on my current favorite music player and listen to the beats of reggae and carribean music all the time. Aside from music, I also get in the mood for some island food.
When I first tried Jamaican grilled goodness, it was so flavorful that
my tastebuds kept craving for it. But alas, that happened overseas and
back here in our own little island of Leyte, I had to recreate
everything from scratch. It’s a good thing that spices abound and
ingredients are readily available so I don’t have to fly miles out there
to get me some sumptuous island grub.
Read on to find out how to make tasty GRILLED JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN and RIBS plus BBQ right at home!
Jamaican Jerk Chicken & Ribs
(For the marinade)
1 big red inion, chopped
10 spring onions, chopped
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 chili pepper, chopped
4 tsp Jamaican pimento or allspice
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp thyme
4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp salt
2 tsp brown sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
3 tbsp dark rhum + 2 tbsp water
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
(For the basting sauce)
2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk marinade
1 cup ketchup
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 kilo Magnolia Chicken Wings
3/4 kilo Monterey Ribs
1/2 kilo Magnolia Chicken BBQ
sliced pineapples (optional)
- Boil dark rhum and water for 3 minutes.
- Using a food processor, combine and mix all the wet and dry ingredients for the marinade including the dark rhum and water we just boiled. The scent can be a strong if you’re not used to spices but I assure you everything will smell great afterwards when it’s all blended.
- Take 2 tbsp of the Jamaican Jerk marinade and mix it with the ketchup and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Get your Magnolia Chicken Wings and Monterey Ribs and rub the Jamaican Jerk marinade in. Place it in an airtight bag and let it sit at least 4 hours or you can store it in the fridge overnight for more enhanced flavor.
- Now it’s the time to pump up the volume of your reggae beats as you preheat an outdoor grill for medium high. Cook the marinated chicken and ribs together with the Magnolia Chicken BBQ slowly and turn it frequently. Make sure to baste it often with the sauce that we made. Cook to desired doneness.
- Grill some sliced pineapples to complete the island vibe! Best served with warm java rice! Enjoy!
Please watch my full YouTube video below on how to make this version of the GRILLED JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN and RIBS plus BBQ or visit http://youtu.be/KkJzYBDRTa4.
TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
YOUTUBE ★ http://youtube.com/mymaria
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com